6.24.2010

today, we were invited to the wedding of people we do not know.
in pennsylvania.
phone convo went down as follows:
me: do you know ____ or _____?
matt: no, why?
me: because we're invited to their wedding.
matt: um. i don't know them. let me look on facebook...never seen her in my life. he looks familiar, but i don't know where i know him from? maybe alabama?

roughtly ten minutes later, the phone rings again:
matt: he's my cousin.
me: ?


even more later, he calls again and asks what i want to do tonight, i answer that i don't know yet, so he asks, do i want to go to the gym. um, no. [thinking: hi, i'm stephanie, have we met? because i don't do health.] while the whole exercise, going for a run thing is great for him, it's just not my bag. and now is not the time to turn into that andrew kid from the breakfast club.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I got that same invite yesterday (I didn't tell Eli about it yet, though), and had no idea who it was. BUT, then I remembered that Aleta was on the phone with her sister on Saturday who wanted our address so her son could send us a wedding invitation to a wedding in Pennsylvania. It clicked. Eli's cousin. I had no idea what their names were. Haha.

    Can't wait to see you tonight. Can you think of something fun to do in B'ham tomorrow before the USA v. Ghana game? Something that is kid-friendly, adult-friendly, and possibly free?

    ReplyDelete