7.15.2010

received a call from boy at work today, giddy as a six year old on christmas morning, asking if i had gotten his email. i had not. he instructed me to read it and call him back. i assumed by the level of sheer glee in his voice that it had something to do with a car or motorcycle, so i didn't get excited. i was correct. it was a link to this.

after calling him back to inform him that there was no way in hell we were buying a motorcycle, even if it is electric, he responded later with an email outlining the ten reasons i should let him buy one of these. a brief selection of amusing reasons follows, in order of hilarity:

"7. Not sure when the list will appear, but I've been on Brammo's email list for a couple of years now, and have been begging them to make this bike. I wrote them several emails and got replies from them discussing their progress in this direction. Well, they listened, and they are making it, and they emailed me personally today. They literally wrote ME an email about the bike... I'm not even kidding. Obviously, they would have made this bike without me, but they at least knew I was one of the people pushing for something like this to happen."

"5. It's not a hooligan bike, it just looks like one. It has plenty of power, but not so much that it's death on wheels, and it weighs almost exactly the same amount as my old bike, so it should be very familiar."

"8. Pretty please..? with an Audi on top?"

"9. I promise to never ever ever nag you about healthy stuff ever again."


"P.S...How could I not be immediately promoted to coolest guy in Alabama if I got one of these!?"


sigh.
i, of course, caved because i don't feel i have the right to prevent it. [and he nailed me on that in the opener: "Remember how you said, you couldn't say no to a motorcycle because it's the one thing I've always wanted... "
also, i plan on milking this until my dying day: if he's set on selfishly flouting his safety to find happiness, i'll certainly do the same.
(new york here we come.)

2 comments: