10.17.2011

(Hooray for Amanda and Her Alligator!, by Mo Willems)
If my dog were an alligator, I imagine this is how our I'm-reading-but-I'm-bored interaction would go down, as well. As it is, [not-so]babydog makes audible sighs while staring at me, her eyes full of sorrow. Either that or she tries to lick my book to death--not the best treatment for library books...


I'm going to try something new on the blog, since I can't seem to motivate myself to write about anything any more.  I'm going to start adding snapshots of some of the many unbelievable, fantastic, hilarious, bizarre, and/or disturbing books that come across my desk.  I toyed with the idea of making another site for this, but since the ol' blog sits here neglected most of the time, I thought perhaps this could entice me back into the habit--like bizarre journal prompts from English class.

I had a job interview week before last at an intermediate school, but sadly, did not get the job.  It was just a temporary position that only would have lasted 'til the end of the semester when the librarian came back from maternity leave, but it would have been nice to get a little school-library experience under my belt...The interview went really well, but I'm pretty sure my inexperience counted against me--who wants to throw a first-time teacher in a mid-semester position? Oh well. I'm hoping scads of librarians will retire amid all of the retirement funding chaos (or, hope against hope, a certain university down the road will call me back???).  In the mean time, I still really enjoy the j.o.b. at EOL, but the part time hours and lack of money are weighing on me, especially since the student loan monster has already come 'a knocking [shudder]. There are a few prospects on the horizon, though, so maybe?

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these books! Sounds like a great blog idea!

    ReplyDelete